Pages - Menu

Monday, August 22, 2016

Abstaining from instant noodle



Almost three years ago, I decided to abstain from instant noodles. 

Initially it was not because of health reasons but articles like this further convinced me that my decision was not a bad one.  

Occasionally when I get to the office in the morning and it was rained, I would get this craving for hot soupy noodles. Instant noodle cups were the only available option on the shelf and I usually gave in. 

However the regret kicked in almost immediately after I finished my cup. I felt bloated and disgusted with myself when I was done. It just left this sickly aftertaste and my mind told me that I had made a poor choice for breakfast. 

Not only that, I felt hungrier faster when I had instant noodles. Within an hour or two after my meal, my stomach started growling again and it annoyed me for surely instant noodles should last me longer than normal crackers? 

Therefore I decided to quit instant noodles, not only for office breakfast but from my whole life. It got to that point where I felt disgusted with myself for allowing my body to take in something that made me feel awful afterwards. 

I did not quit all noodles totally, I still enjoy the ones freshly cooked from the wok. I just stop consuming the ones which are instant and stop ordering the ones which they cooked using the instant noodles, if I'm aware of it. 

It's been almost three years since I quit instant noodles. I'm going to try staying away from them as long as I could. Yes, there were temptation. Last June, I had a craving so badly that I paced up and down the shelf before I grabbed the cup and shoved it in my drawer. Then I decided to forget about the instant craving and got something else for breakfast. 

I guessed partly it has become a challenge for myself as well. See how I can discipline myself and how I can abstain from it. I just wanted to quit because I felt bloated and disgusted with myself. 

I might not quit them forever but for now, I would like to see how far I can push myself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment